WCP Associates were appointed by the Client to provide Project Management, Employer’s Agent, and Quantity Surveying services on the Design and Construction of the 38,000 sq ft managed office building.
The building offers flexible working space to a variety of companies and is operated by the Manchester Chamber of Commerce.
Construction of the facility included numerous challenges that WCP Associates dealt with along with the professional team:
- Liaison with adjoining landowners including GMPTE and Peel Holdings to secure permissions to construct and maintain rights of access.
- Management of land contamination issues during the substructure phase of the development.
- Agreement of sustainable drainage details with the statutory authorities.
- Coordination of the installation of a new substation to serve the facility, including agreement of wayleaves and management of the connection to fit the tight construction programme.
- Securing a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ award for the building.
- Achieving ‘Secured By Design’ accreditation for the building.
The project was a great success, delivered on time and within budget.